Yesterday I launched the Rock Star DIY Printable Party for GIRLS! This collection was created for my daughter’s rock star birthday and modified for release in my Etsy shop. There are a few rock star themed printable parties on Etsy, but most of them are very much geared to boys, focused on the guitars or drums. I find that girls really like to sing, so the we love crafty Tracey Rock Star DIY Printable Party is for girls who like to rock the mic!
To keep the party inspiration going all week long, I’m going to highlight some of the crafty goodness and sweet treats I created for my daughter’s birthday party, all rock star fabulous! Starting with today’s sweet, pop rock chocolate bark.
One of the sweets I served at my daughter’s rock star birthday party was my now infamous pop rock chocolate bark. This sweet treat was not only perfect for a rock star themed birthday party, it has become a party favorite no matter the theme. For my daughter’s party I made a simple candy melt version, she wanted blue and purple chocolates, but for my husband’s lobster boil party I made an adult version with a dark chocolate base. Either way, there is nothing quite like the mix of chocolate and Pop Rocks!
I first discovered chocolate and pop rocks a few years ago with the special edition Cadbury Mini Eggs. Then a couple of years ago I found an independent chocolatier that made a chili infused dark chocolate bar with pop rocks. Oh so good! Once that dark chocolate started popping in my mouth I knew I had to experiment with chocolate and pop rocks. And I must say, this has been a successful experiment!
Making pop rock chocolate bark is super easy, melt, pour, spread, cool. Literally, that easy! If you’re planning a rock star party for your little girl (or boy, boys love this too!), you just might want to rock their world with this treat. Don’t forget to come back and let me know how you rocked it!
Pop Rock Chocolate Bark
A super yummy, pops in your mouth chocolate bark!
What you need:
2-3 cups of candy or chocolate melts (it really just depends on how much chocolate bark you want to make)
2-3 packages of Pop Rocks (pick your favorite flavour!)
What you do:
1. Line your baking sheet with wax paper, folding extra over the edges and under the baking sheet.
2. Melt your candy or chocolate melts using your preferred technique (microwave, double-boiler, etc).
3. Using a rubber spatula, spread your melted chocolate evenly on the baking sheet and let cool for about 5 minutes.
4. Once the chocolate is cool enough to touch, quickly sprinkle the pop rocks on the top. If you’d like pop rocks throughout the chocolate, use your spatula to mix the pop rocks into the chocolate and smooth out the surface again. Add one last sprinkle of pop rocks to the top of the melted chocolate. You must add the pop rocks to the chocolate quickly and get the baking sheet into the fridge. Once the pop rocks hit the chocolate they do start to pop and crackle, placing the chocolate into the fridge stops this process.
5. Place in the refrigerator until the chocolate sets, approx 30-45 minutes.
6. Once set, remove the baking sheet from the fridge and gently peel the chocolate bark away from the wax paper, breaking into bite-sized pieces.
Store your pop rock chocolate bark in a ziploc plastic bag and keep in the fridge until it is time to serve. Enjoy your rocking good popping chocolate!